YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR MISSION
Online Blended Nurse Assistant Training Program (NATP)
The NATP course is designed to provide the student with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform basic care services for a patient (acute care setting) or resident (long-term care setting). It prepares the student to function in the role of a Certified Nursing Assistant (BLS Code 31-1014.00) under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN). This course is designed to meet the curriculum requirements of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The basic nursing assistant proficiency examination is the State-approved competency evaluation, with both written and manual skills components. The course requires the student to complete 60 clock hours of classroom lecture, perform 100 clock hours in a clinical setting, and successfully demonstrate 21 manual patient/resident care skills. Satisfactory completion of the course provides eligibility to take the CDPH established competency written examination for State certification as a certified nursing assistant.
The Online Blended NATP schedule requires three weeks of four hours per weekday (M – F) of online live Theory lectures via Zoom with active discussions and assignments followed by three to eight weeks (depending on schedule below) eight hours per day of Lab and Clinical hands-on training.
Objectives of the Program are:
- Prepare a competent, nurse assistant to function effectively in acute, long-term care, and ambulatory health care settings.
- Provide a collaborative learning environment in which the student will develop and apply principles of systematic reasoning through critical thinking.
- Guide the learner in the continuing process of personal and professional growth.
NATP COURSE 17 MODULES
- Total Hours 160 Clock Hours
- 60 Lecture Clock Hours
- 100 Lab/Clinical Clock Hours
- Method of Delivery: Online (Indirect) Classroom & Hands-on Lab/Clinical
- Education Level: Below College
- Program Time period: Weekdays (Full Time): 6 Weeks
- Evenings (Part Time): 8 Weeks
- Weekends (Part Time): 8 Weekends
NATP Course Outline
|COURSE||SUBJECT TITLE||THEORY CLOCK HOURS||CLINICAL/LAB CLOCK HOURS|
|NA-M6||Medical & Surgical Asep||2||8|
|NA-M7||Weights & Measurements||1||1|
|NA-M8||Patient Care Skills||14||40|
|NA-M9||Patient Care Procedures||7||20|
|NA-M12||Emergency Procedures sis||2||1|
|NA-M13||Long-term Care Patient||5||4|
|NA-M15||Observation & Charting||4||4|
|NA-M16||Death and Dying||2||0|